Second phase (2014-2020)
• The engineering of ecosystem services, used and/or provided as part of a BwN concept
• The data management that is needed to support the implementation and follow-up of BwN solutions
• The business case of Building with Nature concepts
• The governance aspects that promote or hinder the realisation process of Building with Nature concepts
• The scalability of BwN concepts as well as the transferability of Building with Nature concepts
• The assessment of suitability of natural and socio-economic systems for the range of known and/or new Building with Nature concepts
• A realization framework for Building with Nature type projects without a precompetitive actor
• The quantification of carbon footprint of Building with Nature concepts in comparison with traditional solutions
First phase (2009-2014)
• Gathering and developing ecosystem knowledge enabling water related Building with Nature.
• Developing scientifically based and location-specific design rules and environmental norms.
• Developing expertise in applying the Building with Nature concept.
• Demonstrating that Building with Nature solutions work, with practical examples.
• Finding out how we can ensure that the Building with Nature concept is adopted by society