– Gulati, R. D. et al. (2008). Lake restoration studies: Failures, bottlenecks and prospects of new ecotechnological measures. Limnologica: Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, 38, 3–4.
– Juvonen, J. (2020). Cost-benefit analysis of continuous cover forestry and buffer zones as Nature Based Solutions to preserve water quality level in Lake Puruvesi and in its sub-catchment area [Master’s thesis, University of Helsinki].
– Lorenz, S. et al. (2015). Minimum shoreline restoration requirements to improve the ecological status of a northeastern German glacial lowland lake in an urban landscape. Fundamental and Applied Limnology, 186(4), 323–332.
– Meerhoff, M. et al. (2009). Shallow lakes and ponds. In Gene E. Likens (ed.), Lake ecosystem ecology: A global perspective (pp. 343–353). Elsevier.
– Penning, E. (2012). Ecohydraulics in large shallow lakes: Implications for management [Doctoral dissertation, Delft University of Technology].
– Saaltink, R. M. (2018). Wetland eco-engineering with fine sediment [Doctoral dissertation, University of Utrecht].
– Scheffer, M. (2004). Ecology of shallow lakes. Springer Netherlands.
– Steetzel, H. J. et al. (2017). Building with Nature pilot sandy foreshore Houtribdijk design and behaviour of a sandy dike defense in a lake system. Proceedings of Coastal Dynamics Conference.
– Vuik, V. (2019). Building safety with nature: Salt marshes for flood risk reduction [Doctoral dissertation, Delft University of Technology].
– Handreiking POV Voorlanden—final report of an applied science study on the use of foreshores (in Dutch)
– Lake ecology primer—webpage overview of lake function
– MarkermeerIJmeer—repository of various research projects within Lake Marken and Lake IJ (in Dutch)
– Marker Wadden Knowledge and Innovation Program— website overview of the Marker Wadden research program (KIMA)
– Wetlands Protection and Restoration—U.S. EPA overview webpage